Tuesday 29 January 2013

Review - Opal (Lux, Book 3), Jennifer Arementrout

No one is like Daemon Black.

When he set out to prove his feelings for me, he wasn’t fooling around. Doubting him isn’t something I’ll do again, and now that we’ve made it through the rough patches, well... There’s a lot of spontaneous combustion going on.

But even he can’t protect his family from the danger of trying to free those they love.

After everything, I’m no longer the same Katy. I’m different... And I’m not sure what that will mean in the end. When each step we take in discovering the truth puts us in the path of the secret organization responsible for torturing and testing hybrids, the more I realize there is no end to what I’m capable of. The death of someone close still lingers, help comes from the most unlikely source, and friends will become the deadliest of enemies, but we won’t turn back. Even if the outcome will shatter our worlds forever.
Together we’re stronger... and they know it

I'm starting from the back here because I can't physically keep it in - OH MY GOD. The ending of this book actually had me crapping my pants. It had to happen, really, we all knew it was gonna happen to someone eventually but I still freaked out when it did. And to top it all off, I now have no idea how long I have to wait for the next book. (Jennifer, if you're reading this, and I'll make sure you do, LET ME BE A BETA READER?! Give me an ARC, Jesus, even the first chapter!)

I know, I know, you're probably sick of my Lux reviews by now because they all pretty much say the same thing. "ERMAHGERD these books are so freaking awesome, go and buy them, 5 stars, gush gush gush."

Obsidian (book 1) Review - Onyx (Book 2) Review

Seriously though, Opal is even more kick ass, with even more revelations, even more secrets, betrayal, deception, romance, naughtiness, tension, relief and just about everything else a book needs to have you crying, cheering, and panting in the right places.

The action scenes are hold-your-breath-until-you-re-blue, the romance scenes are interrupt-me-and-I'll-kill-you, the story line is-HOLY-SHIT, the characters are either be-my-best-friend or -MARRY-ME.

Dawson has returned, Blake is back and causing even more trouble (we all knew leaving him alive was a bad idea right?!), Dee is still distancing herself from Katy following the loss of Adam, Daemon is still desperately trying to get Katy to confess she loves him, Arum are still trying to kill them all, the DOD is still sniffing around, and there's also Prom to contend with.

I've worn myself out with my last 2 reviews on this series so please go and read them, and please go and buy these books because they're just awesome. 5 stars, again. Nothing more to say.